Re: [PBML] CGI::Cookie question

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
      "blu_monk" <b@...>

      : Thanks for the help, Charles, but these don't work either.
      :
      : I think the problem lies in how the cookie gets stored. It gets
      : compressed and stored as a string, and not as a hash. So, if I want
      : to get those individual values, I'll have to split() the string and
      : then try and work with it that way.
      :

      I looked in a few places and it seems the best method is to store
      a unique id in the cookie and use storable.pm to store the hash
      server-side. This also allows you to store sensitive data in the hash
      without exposure and discourages users from changing the data.

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson
      Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
      254 968-8328

      How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?