list activity...

  • Adrian Stovall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
      Hi all...I don't know if this is a problem per-se, but I haven't seen any
      messages at all for the last 5 hours or so. Does anyone know of any
      problems with the list, or is this just a post-holiday slump?

      "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."
      -Finagle's Law

      "If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can
      result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."
      -Edward A. Murphy, Jr.

      "Murphy Was an optomist"
      -O'Toole's commentary on Murpy's Law

      Adrian M. Stovall
      Senior Systems Engineer
      PFK Business Systems, Inc.
      adrians@...
    • Godwin Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
        On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:46:44 -0600, Adrian Stovall <AdrianS@...> wrote to
        "Perl Beginners (E-mail)" <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>:

        > Hi all...I don't know if this is a problem per-se, but I haven't seen any
        > messages at all for the last 5 hours or so. Does anyone know of any
        > problems with the list, or is this just a post-holiday slump?

        Just a slump, I think.

        > "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."
        > -Finagle's Law

        I thought this was part of Murphy's law, too.

        "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, particularly during a
        demonstration."

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
          On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Adrian Stovall wrote:

          > Hi all...I don't know if this is a problem per-se, but I haven't seen any
          > messages at all for the last 5 hours or so. Does anyone know of any
          > problems with the list, or is this just a post-holiday slump?

          The sign of a mailing list success, people worry when it's quiet for 5
          hours. :)

          I got your message, so I assume it's all good. Even if it wasn't, I'd say
          we can't do much...not like Yahoo ever deals with it's issues.

          Greg
          (You have got to have the largest signature I've seen! 16 lines!)
        • egorbrandt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
            Murphy's List: 3 at the max