Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

  • Sumit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2002
      Hi all,

      I am using the module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to create excel reports from my perl script. The report contains
      file names in a column and certain file properties in others. I wanted to give a link to the file name so that one can
      click on the file name and open the actual file. I did it with the sub 'write_url(....)' of the module and this works
      fine when I give the absolute path for the file, like C:\Folder\Filename.txt.

      I want to avoid the use of absolute path so that others can use my reports to open the actual file, by placing the
      report and the files in same folder or in a folder below. When I tried giving the relative path ( ..\Folder\Filename.txt )
      excel appends 'http', in the beginning and opens it in the browser which is annoying and not something I want.
      Other thing I tried is using the sub 'write_formula' and the HYPERLINK function in excel. This did not help either as
      the module does not support the HYPERLINK function.

      Has anyone worked with such a problem, if so please help me or show some way around I can handle this.

      Thanks,
      Sumit.