Do files with ext .shtml cause the server to work more?

  • Leon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2001
      I wish to read cookies from most of my page and I know how to do it my
      implementing a SSI directive to a script written in perl. To do this I need
      to name the files with extension of .shtml

      My questions :-
      Is it true that most hosting companies would not be happy if I named all the
      files with .shtml becasue it cost additional processing on the server EVEN
      though the files DO NOT have a SSI directive.

      Help needed here :-
      To prevent naming my files with .shtml, could someone provide me with an
      equivalent java script of the following perl script which basically reads to
      see if there are any cookies and if none, to redirect to
      http://localhost/cgi-bin/study/login.shtml

      #!d:\perl\bin\perl.exe -w
      use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
      #funny ! why not (FatalsToBrowser)