[PBML] Re: # comments

  • Manolo.Marzan@icl.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 1999
      Yes, you are allowed to use any characters when you're placing comments...

      Manolo Marzan
      Wenlock Way
      West Gorton
      Manchester UK

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 1999
        Hello James,

        In answer to your quesiton, yes - Perl disregards anything in a line after the # sign except for the shebang on the first line.

        Example:

        # This &$')(#%*'n program won't run

        OR

        #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
        use CGI; # what the !*#$ is CGI?

        Get my drift?

        "Technology" is stuff that was invented after
        you were born.

        David Hannum
        Web Analyst/Programmer
        Ohio University