Create new window,,,

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001
      (I'll put " Q ) " to mark specific questions - In between my ramblings ;-) )

      Hi.. again - has everyone's Christmas go well ?

      - Basically, I want to

      (I can do this bit ) :-

      :- Use Perl to check for a cookie (I can do)..
      :- If the cookie exists.. - I create my HTML page (output) as normal..

      However if the cookie DOES NOT exist :-

      :- I create my HTML page (output) as normal..

      Q1) :- then create/open a "new" page.. (with a specific name)... - & the
      URL is to activate/run another Perl script.

      - If the page "specified name" already exists - Do nothing - End the
      Perl script..

      & make the new screen "on top" of all the other screen(s) the person is
      viewing..

      In the "specified name" screen, I'll make it auto-refresh every 5 minutes
      or so - (I can do that)..

      Q2) But how do i make it "auto-refresh".. & be "on top" of the other screens ?

      :- In this 2nd script, it will Auto-refresh every 5 minutes..

      Q3) Is it possible, to auto-refresh.. - the script checks for the
      existence of this particular cookie..

      :- If it does NOT exist, contiwith the script (2nd perl script - as normal)..
      :- If the cookie DOES exist - it CLOSES the window.. ?

      (the 2nd part is so if they set the cookie by another means.. while the
      window is open..)

      Sounds like a "pop-up" window ad - But basically what i want, is to ask the
      person a few questions & set a cookie.. - But not to restrict the person
      from viewing my site, if it hasn't been set..

      I hope that makes sense...

      G.
      new_zealand-subscribe@yahoogroups.com