Re: [PBML] Help with date format

  • Maisha Walker
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 4, 2000
      ha ha ha - that's great!

      maisha
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Andrew Johnson <andrew-johnson@...>

      ! just curious everyone, but why use \d\d instead of \d{2} - even just
      ! for consistency sake? is there a particular reason for using \d\d
      ! instead?

      To be honest, here is why I did it that way:

      \d{4} is shorter than \d\d\d\d
      \d\d is shorter than \d{2}

      :-)

      andrew
    • Smith, Sheldon
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 6, 2000
        That's right. Allowing for optional delimiters was exactly what Andrew
        Johnson's regex did (with the pattern "[ /-]?"). (See earlier post.) Simple
        substring extractions just can't get the job done.

        Shel Smith