date/time module

  • coo_t2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hey all. I need to be able to let the user of a script
      specify a certain date and time,
      for instance 04/12/2002 at 04:00 or december 12, 2001 at 6pm,
      or whatever format and then figure out how many seconds until
      that date(because I want the script to sleep until then).
      I read the docs on Date::Manip and the author
      says that it's usually better to use another smaller faster
      module.

      Can you perform operations like this easily without any added module?
      Any suggestions for modules or ideas appreciated.

      TIA,
      --Ed
    • ramprasad@netcore.co.in
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        use Time::ParseDate

        The Parse date function almost can take in any format