Re: [PBML] Link Checkers...

  • Richard Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Gordon,

      I'm not sure if anyone replied as I've lost a bunch of my messages with
      excite@home shutting off my service.

      The nicest program I've found is LinkBot -- www.watchfire.com - it is quite
      steep to buy ~500. With linkbot you point at a website and it will go
      through every single link and let you know if they work or not. It gives
      you a report that specifies whether pages are too heavy, have broken links,
      sytax errors, etc. I think there is also a way to point it at an ftp
      directory and it will go through and let you know things like which pages
      aren't linked -- basically it can help you figure out which files you might
      want to cleanup.

      Richard