Re: [PBML] activeperl/apache/win95 problems

  • Don Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
      Danny,

      I had that problem too. As I recall, I fixed it by creating a cgi-bin
      folder under Apache and putting my perl scripts in there. I haven't had any
      problems since.

      To be honest, it was a while ago and I did a lot of playing around that
      week-end, so it may have been something else I did unknowingly.

      Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm just learing this stuff too!

      Here's a link I found very useful:
      http://www.republicoftech.com/cheapskate/apacheconfig.html

      Cheers,

      Don
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
        keslerdan@... wrote:

        > Hi everybody.
        > I have installed recently the above configuration and I can't get
        > things to work form me. Anyone has any idea? The Apache seems to be
        > working fine. When I'm calling an html file I get the expected
        > results. But when I'm calling a .pl file, in the same directory, what
        > I'm getting is the source code of that file and not it's expected
        > product...
        > I have edited the registry to point the .pl to my activeperl perl.exe
        > to look like this:
        > REGEDIT4
        >
        > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters
        > \Script Map]
        > ".pl"="e:\\Perl\\bin\\Perl.exe %s %s"
        > ".cgi"="e:\\perl\\bin\\perl.exe %s %s"

        But have you configured Apache? Do you have lines similar to this:

        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache/cgi-bin/"

        I'm no Apache guru, but I'd say look into those.

        Bompa

        --

        http://www.pureperl.org
        http://www.afreeirc.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
          Thanks a lot Bompa!
          It turns out that my AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
          line was missing the .pl in it...
          Danny.