Re: [PBML] Expect & SSH

  • Jeff Eggen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2001
      >if you really don't want to use the library then install ssh on the local
      >machines & use either backticks or the 'system' command.

      >ssh is extremely flexable by itself so i'd imagine that it will get the
      >job done.

      >eg. cat hosts | perl -e \
      > 'while(<>){print"changing passwd on $_";system("ssh usera@$host passwd");'

      But does this not require the user manually typing in his or her password for each host? If the user has to do this, they may as well just type the ssh command themselves. I'm hoping for something that can just be run, input the old password & new password, and let the script handle the rest.

      Not that I don't appreciate the suggestion, mind you. Oh, and ssh is already installed on each host.

      Thanks,
      Jeff