Re: Install Perl 5.6.1.630 on NT woes..?

  • jonathan.mark2@dyncorp.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2001
      What does that mean when you say you are installing ASPN Perl onto a
      remote machine? It may be that ASPN Perl does not support remote
      installations. My guess is that the installation executable has to be
      running in the CPU(s) of the machine on which you wish to install ASPN
      Perl.

      --- In perl-beginner@y..., msutfin@a... wrote:
      > --- In perl-beginner@y..., msutfin@a... wrote:
      > > I'm trying to install ASPN ActivePerl 5.6.1.630 using the
      > ActiveState
      > > MSI (activeperl-5.6.1.630-MSWin32-x86.msi) file I downloaded, on
      > > remote machine running NT Version 4.0 (Build 1381) Service Pack 6
      > > using Timbuktu.
      > >
      > > I make it thru the first couple of screens:
      > >
      > > Install Wizard clicked next
      > > License Agreement clicked I agreed and clicked next
      > >
      > > Custom Setup I took the installation defaults witht
      the
      > > exception of the default drive was D:\Perl\? so I changed it to
      > > C:\Perl\ and clicked next
      > >
      > > Setup Options I deselected Create IIS script mapping
      for
      > > Perl and Create IIS script mapping for Perl ISAPI and clicked next
      > > and then clicked Install
      > >
      > > It gets to the "copying files" comment on the progress bar and
      then
      > > an Installer Information (albeit very little) window displays:
      > >
      > > Internal Error 2355
      > >
      > <snipped>
      >
      > I downloaded the instmis.exe file again and was able to install that
      > successfully, but still get the 2355 in the same spot on the Perl
      > install...guess it's not the instmsi.exe... Still looking ...
      >
      > Thanks Mark
      >
      > >Do I have to install
      > > this "instmsi.exe" or does the ".msi" file know where to find it
      > when
      > > I double click the .msi file?
      > >
      > > I've searched the archives here and at activestate for 2355. The
      > only
      > > hit I got was on an activepython list, where the problem was a bad
      > > file. I just loaded this same file on my desktop machine running
      NT

    • msutfin@affinitygroup.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2001
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., jonathan.mark2@d... wrote:
        > What does that mean when you say you are installing ASPN Perl onto
        > remote machine? It may be that ASPN Perl does not support remote
        > installations. My guess is that the installation executable has to
        be
        > running in the CPU(s) of the machine on which you wish to install
        ASPN
        > Perl.

        I just went across the street to the box, and tried installing it and
        receive the same message. Also tried version 626, same 2355 error
        message... but thanks.