easier way to run a perlscript

  • Richard Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2001
      Hello group,

      I've been watching for quite a while and finally downloaded, compiled (with VC++ -- had to do it the hard way), tested and installed Perl for Windows 2000.

      I've succesfully set it up so that when I'm in cmd.exe I can cd to my the directory my perl file is in and run a script.

      Is there anything I can do to make it any easier. What I'd really like is if I could hit the browse button in my IDE and have it open cmd.exe and run the script. Currently, it gives me a download prompt (if I download the script it opens a dos window for a moment nothing more).

      Any other suggestions for configuring Perl for ease of use on windows 2000?

      Thanks,

      Richard