Time question

  • bob jacobson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      Can anyone tell me of a way to determine the time value or # of seconds of
      anydate? For example, how can I find the seconds for July 26, 2000 at 11:04
      am. Having this value will allow me to use the localtime function to get
      needed info such as the day of the week for this date. Or maybe is there
      another way of doing this as opposed to using localtime? TIA!

      Bob Jacobson
      Access Cash International
      Email: bjacobson@...
    • willbmoss
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
        I am trying to time how long something takes, but i want it to be
        more accurate that just seconds (i.e. milliseconds) i know about the
        time function and localtime and all that, but those only return
        whole second values... any ideas?

        Thanks,
        Will
      • Charles K. Clarkson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
          On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 willbmoss [mailto:wmoss@...] wrote:

          : I am trying to time how long something takes,
          : but i want it to be more accurate that just
          : seconds (i.e. milliseconds) i know about the
          : time function and localtime and all that,
          : but those only return whole second values...
          : any ideas?

          Use the Time::HiRes Module.
        • Dragon
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
            Will,

            Does anybody really know what time it is? Does
            anybody care? If so I can't imagine why -- we've all
            got time enough to...

            <looks around>

            ummmm.... nevermind... <G>

            --- willbmoss <wmoss@...> wrote:
            > I am trying to time how long something takes, but i
            > want it to be
            > more accurate that just seconds (i.e. milliseconds)
            > i know about the
            > time function and localtime and all that, but those
            > only return whole second values... any ideas?

            HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
            http://www.hotjobs.com
          • Greg Matheson
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
              --- willbmoss <wmoss@...> wrote:

              > I am trying to time how long something takes, but i want it to
              > be more accurate that just seconds (i.e. milliseconds) i know
              > about the time function and localtime and all that, but those
              > only return whole second values... any ideas?

              I think I just saw a module on CPAN for this called PrecisionTime
              or something.

              http://search.cpan.org is your friend.

              BUt what are you trying to time?

              --
              Greg Matheson If you're not making any mistakes,
              Chinmin College you must be making some mistake.

              Taiwan Penpals Archive <URL: http://netcity.hinet.net/kurage>