Using WWW::Search

  • Mike Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26 8:21 PM
      I'm trying to learn to use the WWW::Search module.

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use WWW::Search;
      my $oSearch = new WWW::Search('Dejanews');
      my $sQuery = WWW::Search::escape_query("Linus Torvalds",);
      $oSearch->native_query($sQuery,
      {'defaultOp' => 'AND'});
      while (my $oResult = $oSearch->next_result())
      { print $oResult->url, "\n"; }

      Now if I want to put this in a www page, is there an easy way to make all of
      the URL's 'clickable' ? (sorry, I'm not into HTML so I don't have a clue
      what the correct term is). I've checked the man page for WWW::Search, but
      haven't been able to figure it out as of yet.

      Any pointers or examples would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Mike