  • HaraldWolf@swol.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 1998
      Hi,

      i have problems with the perl -d (debug mode). If i want to view the
      variables if i type in "V" all variables are listed. But when i use "|
      V" (it works fine with the LINUX Perl !) to stop after each page the
      Win32 perl version makes no return (one long line is printed !) !

      how can i fix this ?

      and how can i view a single variable ??

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/perl-beginner/
    • penultimate_user
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2005
        When not using debug the easiest way to look at a single variable is
        just to print it and if the data flies by too fast then stop it with
        <STDIN>; whick will require an enter key to continue.

        print "RESULT: $variable\n";
        <STDIN>;

        What I usually do it setup my own debug so I can leave the print
        statements in place. When you run the Perl program at the prompt
        you would run it as

        program.pl v

        foreach(@ARGV) {
        $debug = uc $_;