undef test?

  • Bob Fulwiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2000
      Hi Folks,

      I have inherited a script with a problem I do not know how to fix. It
      is using a hashed array indexed by a variable (i.e., $xx{$y}). It dies
      when the index ($y) is undefined. I have tried using the 'defined'
      function, but it usually lies about undefined variables (values?).
      Anyone know of a good way to check for undefined variable before they
      get used?

      TIA,
      Bob

      --