Re: [PBML] %ENV hash problems

  • Jeff Eggen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      >Most likely this is because the other user
      >doesn't have a $PS1 environment variable. strict
      >doesn't like undefined variables. <snip>

      Thanks Charles. That was kind of the problem, but it's all figured out now. But, along the same thread, I'm having problems getting a telnet connection to accept a prompt where the last two characters are "$ ". I tried changing my prompt match operator from "/.*$lastchar/" to "/.*\\$lastchar/" for this case, where $lastchar is set in the code from the previous email:

      $lastchar = substr $ENV{PS1}, (length $ENV{PS1}) - 2;

      But this still isn't matching. Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Jeff