No New Yahoo! Group

  • Mike D
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Folks,

      I think this new group being formed is the wrong solution to the problem.
      Firstly, you'll have new people out there who want to join a PERL group for
      help, and they will see both lists and get confused. They'll probably end up
      joining both but it's an unnecessary hassle. Secondly, you cannot ask close
      to 1,200 people to join a new group who are comfortable with the current one.

      Yes I hate the spamming also. If the current moderator is not willing or
      capable of performing corrective actions, then take your case up with Yahoo!
      Groups admin and tell them you're getting spam and that they need to unseat
      the current moderator and put in a new one. I've had great response from
      Yahoo! groups support. It's not the fastest and most efficient support team
      on the planet, but given the size and complexity of the enitity, I've had
      great response from them. It also states clearly in the Yahoo! Groups
      agreement that you can lose you moderatorship and/or group priveledges.

      If you're going to insist upon starting a new group, then please call it
      something different than just simply adding an "s" to new current one. It's
      far too confusing to newbies.

      -MikeD

      http://personals.yahoo.com