RE: [PBML] Kill the spammer

  • Greg Webster
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 31, 2001
      On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Crandell, Daniel (TIFPC) wrote:

      > Sorry catching tail end of all this. Is this group Moving? and to where?

      Ok folks, let's just stop and think for a moment here!!!

      The list as it is has hundreds of members, the majority of which are
      silent and will likely not move to the new list. I've attempted to get
      help from Yahoo without avail, but they will pay a lot more attention if a
      whole bunch of us complain than just me.

      Assuming this (the old) list gets fixed, we'll have just set up two
      identical lists with identical purposes competing for the same audience.
      This is not good. Let's REALLY TRY to get this list fixed before we all
      jump ship somewhere else.

      Make sense? If no, tell me why. If yes, let's all email, call and
      otherwise bother Yahoo to fix things.

      Greg

      --
      $me='computers rpgs userfriendly.org new westminster canada geek bc';
      $me=~s/\s+//g;@e=split(//,$me); $x.=$e[$_] for qw(11 7 6 11 0 49 44
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 1, 2001
        --- Greg Webster <greg@...>

        Unfortunately, that's not the problem. Right now NO
        ONE has moderator access to this, including me, the
        owner. They screwed up my account royally and I can
        not do anything that a normal moderator can do (not
        even view the list of members). Yahoo has ignored
        every request to solve the problem.
        <

        Hi there, Michael Golliday on the
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/listhelp group is a
        yahoo tech person.

        He can help you out.

        Unfortunatly his yahoo email isnt simply yahoo.com or
        yahoo.co.(something).

        I briefly saw something that you had your email /
        moderator privelidged fixed - If so, ignore this
        message..

        G.

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

        http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
        - Manage your files online.