Re: [PBML] Kill the spammer

  • Bompa
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 31 6:28 AM
      That's good researching Greg, thanks, but if we don't have a list
      moderator here, we'll always have the same problem.

      I've set up perl-beginners@yahoogroups.

      Do we want to use it or shall I delete thr group?

      Bompa

      Greg wrote:

      > A look at the source of these messages reveals that they appear to
      > originate from cheetah.nocdns.com
      >
      > A whois search reveals:
      > Domain name: nocdns.com
      >
      > Registrant:
      > Network Operations Center
      > Network Operations Center (noc@...)
      > 1 (866) 422 7284
      > FAX: 1 (866) 728 0154
      > 237 Tramway Drive, Suite B
      > NA
      > Lake Tahoe, NV 89449-6957
      > US
      >
      > That domain was registered by enom.com, and abuse can be reported to
      > abuse@...
      >
      > A search on the quoted website (www.lbwnews.com) reveals:
      > Registrant:
      > Parcells, William (LBWNEWS-DOM)
      > 25 Heather Cove Dr.
      > Boynton Beach, FL 33436
      > US
      >
      > Domain Name: LBWNEWS.COM
      >
      > Administrative Contact:
      > Parcells, William (WP4236) lbwebnews@...
      > 25 Heather Cove Dr.
      > Boynton Beach, FL 33436
      > US
      > 561-439-7468
      > Technical Contact:
      > WorldNIC Name Host (HOST-ORG) namehost@...
      > Network Solutions, Inc.
      > 505 Huntmar Park Drive
      > Herndon, VA 20170-5142
      > 1-888-642-9675
      > Billing Contact:
      > HOMESTEAD PROFESSIONAL (S16611-OR)
      > billing@...
      > HOMESTEAD PROFESSIONAL
      > 3375 Edison Way
      > MENLO PARK, CA 94025
      > US
      > 800 797 2958
      > Fax- 650 364 7329
      >
      > which indicates it is hosted by Homestead.com.
      > Report abuse to:
      > http://professional.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_Help/Help.dll?
      > CMD=CMDReportForm
      >
      > I also sent a message to the originator asking him to stop and
      > warning him that if he didn't, he might incur the wrath of a lot of
      > very clever programmers and hackers. This was his reply:
      >
      > <QUOTE>
      > From: Adsconcepts@...
      > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:53:57 EST
      > To: webmaster@...
      >
      > I WILL TAKE YOUR THREAT UNDER ADVISMENT. THANK YOU FOR PRINTING IT.
      >
      > </QUOTE>
      >
      > So, he is connecting through AOL and using Compuserve for his e-mail.
      >
      > Lots of places to report abuse to.
      >
      > Greg Smith
      > www.bmw-club.org.uk

      http://www.pureperl.org
      http://www.afreeirc.net
    • gordon stewart
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 1, 2001
        --- Greg Webster <greg@...>

        Unfortunately, that's not the problem. Right now NO
        ONE has moderator access to this, including me, the
        owner. They screwed up my account royally and I can
        not do anything that a normal moderator can do (not
        even view the list of members). Yahoo has ignored
        every request to solve the problem.
        <

        Hi there, Michael Golliday on the
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/listhelp group is a
        yahoo tech person.

        He can help you out.

        Unfortunatly his yahoo email isnt simply yahoo.com or
        yahoo.co.(something).

        I briefly saw something that you had your email /
        moderator privelidged fixed - If so, ignore this
        message..

        G.

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

        http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
        - Manage your files online.