Perl on an NT Server

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2000
      Aloha,

      This is the first time for me to post on this mailing list. I hope my
      question is appropriate.

      I installed Windows NT server 4.0 Service pack 4 and ActivePerl so that I
      could check locally how my scripts run.
      All the html files run without any problem using
      "http://mycomputername/index.htm" . However, when I call a cgi program I get
      [http 1.0 Error 500 This is not a valid NT application].
      The first line of the cgi program is #!/usr/local/bin/perl and the physical
      location on perl on my computer is c: usr/local/bin/ so it should be pointed
      in the right direction.

      By the way, the http material is in c: InetPub/wwwroot/ . this is where the
      html files and the cgi-bin are located.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Mike