Re: [PBML] Re: Upload Progress

  • Agustinus Setijanto
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Jeff Boes wrote:

      > Okay, now that I've REALLY READ your message... <blush>

      :-) To be honest, I'd really like to know how this programming technique
      works, shown by http://www.driveway.com since I'd never found any other free
      web-storage provide this upload progress feature.

      > progressing. This depends on how the server handles temp files, so I

      So, I have to find out how the server does the upload transfer. Is it also
      related to the programming technique, as provided by the famous
      "cgi-lib.pl"? I haven't completely understood how it works.

      > won't claim for a minute that this *will* work. The only way to create
      > a new window is via a client-side command, which means Javascript. You
      > could put a 'onSubmit' handler in the form, which opens a new window
      > running the other progress-monitoring script.

      I also already have a thought on this JavaScript solution, but I wonder if
      there is a way to solve this with CGI/Perl.

      > I've written, it's been sufficient to pop up a Javascript window with
      > static text saying, "When you press the OK button in this window, the
      > upload will start. It may take a long time. Please be patient."

      I think a user might need to know the upload progress, when he is uploading
      a big-size file; whether he succeeds or has to wait or has to retry.

      Well, thanks a lot Jeff for discussing this subject.

      Regards,

      Agust