Re: [PBML] Correct pattern Matching

  • Tom Barron
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:52 AM
      This works for me:

      $line = "00/07/31 now is the time";
      ($date) = ($line =~ m|(\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{2}).*|);
      print "date = '$date'\n";

      I think the problem with your code was 1) the first '/' inside your
      regexp terminated it. You need a different delimiter if the regexp
      contains '/'. And 2) you weren't putting your scalar inside parens.
      Since the ($var =~ /regexp/) returns a list, you need to put the scalar
      to receive the value in a list.

      hth...
      Tom