Re: Automatically SUBMIT a FORM ?

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2001
      Since you know the URL being called by the form, you should
      experiment with putting a timeout in the page (META HTTP-
      EQUIV="Refresh" Content="60; URL=/cgi-bin/scriptname.cgi")

      It may NOT submit the form contents but it is worth a try.

      I'd be one of those people who wouldn't like a form to be
      automatically submitted but I won't flame you for the question.

      --- In perl-beginner@y..., Trap 13 <bugbuilder@f... wrote:
      > On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 03:09:00PM +1300, Gordon Stewart wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi there, Im developing a form, using CGI/Perl to create the form.
      > >
      > > & when you submit it - the results / input - Are re-directed into
      the same cgi script.
      > > which either re-prints the form - and/or does another action.
      > >
      > > I was wondering...
      > >
      > > Is there a way to automatically 'refresh' - or 'submit' the form -
      after 60 seconds - or so.. ?

      > > If theres a way to automatically 'submit' the screen (including
      any changes a person makes)

      > I have seen a somewhat similar question in a PHP ml, the guy who
      > answered the question has been flamed by the other ml members. It's
      > considered as a prejudice against the freedom of the internet users.
      >

      > > If thats possible, can it say - if the person manually presses
      the 'submit' button - the 'value' is 2..

      > > but if it is submitted automatically - the 'value' is 1
      > >
      > > EG -
      > >
      > > $text - Will be a persons entry...
      > >
      > > $value is 1 or 2 - If it automatically submits - it sendas $value
      of 1 & whatever the person has entered in the $text field.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/