Re: [PBML] help, please

  • Kirpekar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2000
      Hi,

      Firstly, I don't think you can place stuff in the server root and provide
      web access to it at the same time (or at least you should not..?). You must
      have placed the file in the http directory of your server. The error message
      means that you have not given the right permissions for CGI file. If you are
      on Linux machine ... type in "chmod 755 filename.cgi" at the prompt to make
      it executable. Re-run it now and see if you still get the error. If you want
      to give special permissions (you will need to type in the actual
      persmissions or various 3 digit numbers), I recommend you pick some
      documentation / man pages to help you out. If you are on an NT system, the
      error can be corrected by setting permissions for directories (ask your
      system administrator).

      Hope I've been of help!

      Sujit