[PBML] Re: Parsing a config variable

  • Jeff Boes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 1999

      A regexpr? Heck, you are using a cannon to kill a flea.

      $elist = "younme\@... shenhim\@... itnher\@...";

      @elistList = split(/\s+/, $elist);

      split() breaks up the second argument into chunks separated by the pattern
      in the first argument. I could have used

      @elistList = split(/ /, $elist);

      but that doesn't handle well things like multiple spaces, tab, etc. The "\s+
      pattern matches one or more whitespace characters. Hope this helps!

      "Every law is an infraction of liberty."
      --Jeremy Bentham

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/perl-beginner