Regex searching ???

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi there mateys...

      question re Regex search, - I'm just using a simple

      @araa = grep(/$search/i, <INF>);

      Line in my script - Thats the only kind of sorting/searching ive got (in this script).

      when ive entered

      s.m*erville in my FORM - in the 'search' field..

      I want to get an 's' any ONE letter/number, an 'm' any number of characters, and the 'erville'

      im not worried about begining / ending with (yet)..

      If i tell the people (put it on the site) to enter
      s.m*erville - will that get what i want ?

      Any other simple regex you might suggest, that a person can put in a search field - without needing to adjust my code.. - Or damage the PC..

      ? (I'll look up more tonight at home)

      G.