Perl form installation

  • pathillcorp@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      I am trying to install a form and am running into the following
      problems which might be related. Program consists of an HTML Form and
      a cgi program. I am pretty sure I am setting them up ok but I am
      getting spotty and inconsistent results.
      a. I set permissions on my FTP program for the cgi-bin directory but
      the permissions do not seem to hold all the time. Sometimes when I
      return to the cgi-bin directory - the permissions need to be set
      again. (also set permission for all related files and programs)
      b. I have tried Setting up the files in a cgi-bin directory(*.cgi
      and *.pl files) and then in the same directory set up another folder
      to hold the dat and other like files) I have also set up the cgi-bin
      directory and also on the same level (but not in the cgi-bin
      directory)
      all the other files but it still doesn't work properly.
      Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....
    • Ferry I
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
        At 17:40 01/10/01 +0000, pathillcorp@... wrote:
        >a. I set permissions on my FTP program for the cgi-bin directory but
        >the permissions do not seem to hold all the time. Sometimes when I
        >return to the cgi-bin directory - the permissions need to be set
        >again. (also set permission for all related files and programs)
        Consult your hosting company.... They may only allow you to place your
        scripts on a fixed directory (any other cgi-bin directories you create will
        be chmod to 664, thus not allowing them to be executed)

        Best Regards,
        Ferry I