Re: [PBML] Re: Checking for lines in a file

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2001
      Greg <ggarri2910@...> mentioned:

      : Ooops... I found part of the issue.. (I think!)
      :
      : The split variables were left out of your code.

      No, those variables aren't needed. I'm using version
      5.6.0, perhaps your version is older. To check it try
      added -v on the first line:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -v

      Tell me what version comes up.

      The script I gave tests fine on my system.

      Charles K. Clarkson
      Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
    • ggarri2910@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hey Charles-

        I'm running 5.003 on my AIX server.

        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Charles K. Clarkson" <cclarkson@h...>
        wrote:
        > Greg <ggarri2910@y...> mentioned:
        >
        > : Ooops... I found part of the issue.. (I think!)
        > :
        > : The split variables were left out of your code.
        >
        > No, those variables aren't needed. I'm using version
        > 5.6.0, perhaps your version is older. To check it try
        > added -v on the first line:
        >
        > #!/usr/bin/perl -v
        >
        > Tell me what version comes up.
        >
        > The script I gave tests fine on my system.
        >

        > Charles K. Clarkson
        > Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
      • Charles K. Clarkson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001