RE: [PBML] script question

  • Rich Foreman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2000
      Sorry about my earlier response... I figured it out. I needed to open the
      file like this to edit it:

      open(LIST,
      ">/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/schedule/data/lists/20002001Schedule");

      I got that working perfectly now. Thanks for the help.

      Now for the remaining question... the data in the file looks like this:

      10102000|LA|MIS|W|2|0

      which is:

      Date|AwayTeam|HomeTeam|WinLoss|AwayScore|HomeScore

      Where can I find out how to write another script that required this file,
      and also defines teams with URL's, such as:

      LA=http://www.icegators.com/logos/small/la.gif
      MIS=http://www.icegators.com/logos/small/mis.gif

      etc.....

      and use the date to determine the last game and next game so that I can
      print them as an HTML output when running the script as an SSI...

      I really need a sort of easy tutorial on this type of action... including
      how to define that the data in the pipes in the output for the file, like:

      $date|$awayt|$ahomet|$wl|$aways|$homes

      so that the script can tell what goes where in the HTML file....

      Thanks,

      Rich