Re: [PBML] Sleep / wait / Alarm ??

  • Adrian
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      They will be sent in the order they given to Sendmail. Check the times on
      the emails when youget htem and see if that is ok.

      I have programs that send hundreds of emails at once and dont need to use
      sleep. Imagine if you had 100 emails and had 3 second sleeps between..that
      could bog a system down. Imagine if you had 1000 emails....I dont thnk its
      all that necessary? If you program is set up right and the emails are sent
      to Sendmail in the right order then that should be fine.

      Adrian
    • gordon stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        --- Adrian <adrian@...> wrote:

        > They will be sent in the order they given to
        > Sendmail. Check the times on
        > the emails when youget htem and see if that is ok.

        I did that...

        - NORMALLY, - you use sendmail to send the same
        message to 1000, - 2000, or more DIFFERENT people...

        I tested it yesterday, sending myself 10 messages -
        all numbered.

        I got them at the same time - (all in the same
        minute), but all out of order..

        I'll get message 3, message 2, message 6, message 9,
        message 4 etc...

        I'm planning (or MAY want to) send 2 files, to the 1
        person, & i want them to receive 1 file before the
        other...

        G.

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

        http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
        - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!
      • Adrian
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
          OK,

          I did have a similar problem..I had to send emails based on criteria (doesnt
          matter what it was) and found that the criteria wasnt specific enough and I
          ended up sending lots of emails to the same address.

          I tried changing the criteria to be the perl time stamp "time()" but again
          found that because that works in 1 second intervals that you could send a
          gazillion (Yes I counted them) emails in one second.

          The point to all that is..maybe you do need to use "sleep 1" to give
          yourself the opportunity to send sequenced emails.

          HTH

          Adrian