Re: [PBML] Creating files...

  • gordon stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
      --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Gorday, that
      last post of yours sorta confused me.

      > You had said:
      > > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML
      > directory.
      >
      > What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?

      its :-

      202-180-108-198.dialup.attica.net.nz/wwwboard/messages/1.html

      I HAVE got a wwwboard/messages directory - So thats
      not the problem

      & the DNS (of my Server, changes) - But thats
      accounted for by HTTP_HOST..

      G.

      =====
      G. Stewart
      New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
      new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

      http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
      - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!
    • Bompa
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
        Try:

        open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
        print FH "This is a test\n";

        gordon stewart wrote:

        > --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Gorday, that
        > last post of yours sorta confused me.
        > >
        > > You had said:
        > > > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML
        > > directory.
        > >
        > > What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?
        > >

        > its :-
        >
        > 202-180-108-198.dialup.attica.net.nz/wwwboard/messages/1.html
        >
        > I HAVE got a wwwboard/messages directory - So thats
        > not the problem
        >
        > & the DNS (of my Server, changes) - But thats
        > accounted for by HTTP_HOST..
        >
        > G.
        >
        > =====
        > G. Stewart
        > New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        > new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.
        >
        > http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
        > - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!

        http://www.afreeirc.net/
        New IRC network dedicated to democracy.
      • gordon stewart
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
          --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Try:

          > open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
          > print FH "This is a test\n";

          No - no file created...

          I'm off to bed now - Almost 3 a.m.
          Wait for reply tomorow from the savant group (if
          theyre still alive)

          G.

          =====