Re: [PBML] Creating files...

  • Bompa
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
      Gorday, that last post of yours sorta confused me.

      You had said:
      > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML directory.

      What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?

      gordon stewart wrote:

      > Savant list :- Im using this on my savant sustem & get
      > a non-static ISP/DNs..
      >
      > --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Chances are
      > you just need to adjust the path to
      > > include
      > > a different directory.
      > >
      > > Bompa
      >
      > What do you mean ?
      > Eg ISPhost.com/cgi-bin/prgramme.cgi
      >
      > I can cgreate ISPhost.com/cgi-bin/1.htm fine - No
      > problems...
      >
      > Im just using :-
      >
      > open(NEWFILE,">$dir") || die $!;
      >
      > The directory ($dir) is :- "messages/1.html"
      >
      > Ive got a sub-directory iun my CGI file called
      > "messages"
      >
      > and also under the root-directory - /messages
      >
      > However, some ISp's dont let people view HTM files in
      > a CGI directory..
      >
      > But if i open (or try to) a file in
      >
      > ISPhost.com/1.htm or ISPhost.com/output/1.htm
      >
      > I cannot
      >
      > The HTML files can be 'viewed' perfectly fine in a non
      > CGI directory, But i cannot create them.
      >
      > G.
      >
      > =====
      > G. Stewart
      > New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
      > new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

      http://www.afreeirc.net/
      New IRC network dedicated to democracy.
    • gordon stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
        --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Gorday, that
        last post of yours sorta confused me.

        > You had said:
        > > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML
        > directory.
        >
        > What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?

        its :-

        202-180-108-198.dialup.attica.net.nz/wwwboard/messages/1.html

        I HAVE got a wwwboard/messages directory - So thats
        not the problem

        & the DNS (of my Server, changes) - But thats
        accounted for by HTTP_HOST..

        G.

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

        http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
        - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!
      • Bompa
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
          Try:

          open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
          print FH "This is a test\n";

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
            --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Try:

            > open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
            > print FH "This is a test\n";

            No - no file created...

            I'm off to bed now - Almost 3 a.m.
            Wait for reply tomorow from the savant group (if
            theyre still alive)

            G.

            =====