Re: [PBML] Creating files...

  • Bompa
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
      Chances are you just need to adjust the path to include
      a different directory.

      Bompa

      gordon stewart wrote:

      > Hi there...
      >
      > When i 'write' to a file, If i open it in a CGI
      > directory, I can write to it al-right, but I cant
      > write/open a file in my main HTML directory.
      >
      > Has anyone come accross this & how do you over-come
      > this ?
      >
      > G.
      >
      > =====
      > G. Stewart
      > New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
      > new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.
      >
      > http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
      > - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!

      http://www.afreeirc.net/
      New IRC network dedicated to democracy.
    • gordon stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
        Savant list :- Im using this on my savant sustem & get
        a non-static ISP/DNs..

        --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Chances are
        you just need to adjust the path to
        > include
        > a different directory.
        >
        > Bompa

        What do you mean ?
        Eg ISPhost.com/cgi-bin/prgramme.cgi

        I can cgreate ISPhost.com/cgi-bin/1.htm fine - No
        problems...

        Im just using :-

        open(NEWFILE,">$dir") || die $!;

        The directory ($dir) is :- "messages/1.html"

        Ive got a sub-directory iun my CGI file called
        "messages"

        and also under the root-directory - /messages

        However, some ISp's dont let people view HTM files in
        a CGI directory..

        But if i open (or try to) a file in

        ISPhost.com/1.htm or ISPhost.com/output/1.htm

        I cannot

        The HTML files can be 'viewed' perfectly fine in a non
        CGI directory, But i cannot create them.

        G.

        =====
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
          Gorday, that last post of yours sorta confused me.

          You had said:
          > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML directory.

          What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
            --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Gorday, that
            last post of yours sorta confused me.

            > You had said:
            > > but I cant write/open a file in my main HTML
            > directory.
            >
            > What is the exact path to your main HTML directory?

            its :-

            202-180-108-198.dialup.attica.net.nz/wwwboard/messages/1.html

            I HAVE got a wwwboard/messages directory - So thats
            not the problem

            & the DNS (of my Server, changes) - But thats
            accounted for by HTTP_HOST..

            G.

            =====

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
              Try:

              open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
              print FH "This is a test\n";

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2001
                --- Bompa <bompa@...> wrote: > Try:

                > open(FH, ">/wwwboard/messages/1.html")
                > print FH "This is a test\n";

                No - no file created...

                I'm off to bed now - Almost 3 a.m.
                Wait for reply tomorow from the savant group (if
                theyre still alive)

                G.

                =====