Error _ unknown cure ?

  • gordon stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
      Hi - Im getting the following errors (below) - CGI /
      Perl script unavailable..

      I have

      !/usr/local/bin/perl -w

      use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

      at the top of the script - Ive checked the URL, & my
      server logs show it as running "normal" - same as
      'working' CGI's ive got.

      PS - I also use TEXTPAD, & under tools, I use the perl
      de-bug. But instead of de-bugging it, it just brings
      up the same screen - of my Perl script ?

      Any ideas ?

      G.
      ---------------------------------------

      The page cannot be displayed
      The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
      The Web site might be experiencing technical
      difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser
      settings.

      Please try the following:

      Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

      If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make
      sure that it is spelled correctly.

      To check your connection settings, click the Tools
      menu, and then click Internet Options. On the
      Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should
      match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
      administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
      If your Network Administrator has enabled it,
      Microsoft Windows can examine your network and
      automatically discover network connection settings.
      If you would like Windows to try and discover them,

      =====
      G. Stewart
      New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
      new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.
    • gordon stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
        --- gordon stewart <gordonisnz@...> wrote: >

        Ive changed it to #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

        Same as all my other "working" scripts.....

        still - no difference :-)

        How can i de-bug something if the debug system doesnt
        work ?

        G.

        > I have
        >
        > !/usr/local/bin/perl -w
        >
        > use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
        >
        > at the top of the script - Ive checked the URL, & my
        > server logs show it as running "normal" - same as
        > 'working' CGI's ive got.
        >
        > PS - I also use TEXTPAD, & under tools, I use the
        > perl
        > de-bug. But instead of de-bugging it, it just brings
        > up the same screen - of my Perl script ?
        >
        > Any ideas ?
        >
        > G.

        <cut>

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.

        http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
        - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!
      • gordon stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
          Hi - ive got my de-bug techniques going.

          It was saved in MAC Ansii/text - not PC Ansii/text

          G.

          =====