OffTopic - About JS/CSS

  • Christian Gustavo Riva
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      First PLEASE sorry for the offtopic, I use this list daily to post about Perl, but right now I
      need urgent some help about JavaScript and CSS. If you don't like stop reading and just remove
      this msg. I post here because may be somebody could help me (I know some people here).

      Is short: I have two files:

      master.htm
      include.htm

      'master.htm' uses IFRAME/ILAYER to include the page "include.htm", and this page contain CSS
      stylesheets and JavaScript code. The code is to display a nice scroll (likes a news-ticket).
      I have not any idea about JS properties and objects (I'm "scripting" in JS with my knowledge of
      C and Perl), so here is the question:

      - In a part of the JS code (inside "include.htm") is this:

      "this.css= <something>"

      The script runs Ok with IE5, but with NS4 I have the following error:

      "this.css has no properties."

      But if I run directly "include.htm" from NS4 the script runs Ok too.

      Resuming: the error ocurrs only when I include w/ILAYERS the page "include.htm" that contain
      the JS code. If I load the page directly (include.htm) the script runs ok.

      I need to solve this urgently, so if you could help me please write me at: "wookie@..."
      (I'm really of topic here).

      Thanks a lot
      and sorry again!

      Christian Gustavo Riva
      -> FonoMax® 2000 - Control Telefonico
      -> http://www.fonomax.com
      -> CGR Software - Programadores & Webmasters
      -> http://www.cgrsoftware.com