Re: [PBML] Downloading instead of running perl

  • Bompa
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hi,

      Make a copy of bar.pl and rename it bar.cgi. Put it in the same dir.
      Change the html code to call it, rather than the .pl file.

      Bompa

      David Nobles wrote:

      > First let me start with I'm new to perl, cgi, web servers, etc. If this is
      > the wrong list I apologize in advance.
      >
      > I have the following HTML taken from a book followed by the perl program
      > it's suppose to run. I running Windows ME.
      >
      > I've tried two different web servers Badblue and Analogx Simple Server.
      > Both of the display the HTML fine.
      >
      > When I click on the "Create Bar Chart" button instead of executing bar.pl I
      > get a pop stating I've trying to download bar.pl from localhost.
      >
      > The server is looking at C:\WWW as the root directory and I've created a
      > directory named cgi-bin under WWW that contains the bar.pl program.
      >
      > I've tried
      >
      > <FORM ACTION=bar.pl METHOD=POST>
      >
      > <FORM ACTION="bar.pl" METHOD=POST>
      >
      > <FORM ACTION="c:\www\cgi-bin\bar.pl" METHOD=POST>
      >
      > etc.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks in Advance,
      >
      > David Nobles

      http://www.afreeirc.net/
      New IRC network dedicated to democracy.
    • steve@blacktrionix.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
        Have you got active state installed and running, and
        mapped .pl and .cgi extensions to it? or is this done
        automatically with those webservers in question?

        HTH steve