Job opportunities with Inktomi Corp.

  • Kevin Tran
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2000
      Would you like to make a different in the Internet space? Inktomi will give
      you that opportunity! Inktomi is in the web cache industry; our key
      customers include Sun, Yahoo, Microsoft, iWon, GOTO.com, etc. Four of the
      major search engines in the world uses our Search Engine. These position
      will be in the Professional Services Division. Please take a look at our
      web site for more information about our company at www.inktomi.com. We are
      looking for several SW Engineers with Perl backgrounds for our Professional
      Services orgainization in Boston, California, and Virginia.

      ComputerSkills: C,Excel,PowerPoint,Word
      Education: Bachelor
      Preferred Function: Sales
      U.S. Locations: California, Boston, Virginia
      Country Locations: United States
      JobLevel: Experienced
      PercentTravel: 51-75%

      to100306 - Senior Software Dev. Engineer, Implementation

      The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with existing
      accounts to maximize Inktomi's presence and increase usage. This person will
      provide onsite support and consulting expertise in the development of the
      Inktomi Traffic Server caching technology.
      Requirements:

      Familiarity with Cisco routers, Internet protocols
      Able to perform tasks such as interface configuration, subnet masking etc.
      Unix and NT system administration skills
      Familiarity with network management tools
      Experienced in writing scripts (Shell and Perl)
      Familiarity with reporting tools/Crystal reports et al
      Familiarity with RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
      Willingness to travel (up to 70%)
      Excellent written and verbal communication skills
      Ability to work independently for extended periods with no management
      oversight
      Collaborative team spirit
      Able to interact with all levels of the organization (external and internal)
      Manage expectation and perception
      OPTIONAL:

      Knowledge of Layer 4 switches
      C and/or C++ experience
      Cisco certification
      Diagnose performance problems in the network
      Knowledge of Inktomi network products (Traffic Server,
      Knowledge of Caching technologies

      ************************************
      Kevin Tran
      Staffing Consultant
      Inktomi Corporation
      voice: 650-653-2934
      fax: 650-653-5412
      email: ktran@...
      ************************************

      "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments."
    • Oliver Manickum
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2000
        is this group not moderated ?

[...]

        SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
        Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/2/_/12898/_/961602495/
      • Greg Webster
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2000
          Actually, Kevin Tran very politely asked me if he could post one ad for a perl
          programmer on the list, and I agreed. If it gets excessive I'll ban it, but
          unless others have objections which are more strenuous than the usefullness of
          free posting, I'll let the occasional off-topic post stay.

          (besides, I've heard Inktomi was a damned good place to work)

          Greg
          Moderator

          On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, you wrote:
          > is this group not moderated ?

          <>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<>
          / \ GREG WEBSTER - greg@... / \/ \/ \
          \ / http://www.geekrights.org \ /\ /\ /
          <>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<><>-<>
        • Jeff Boes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2000
            ...And thanks to careless quoting practices, we get not one but
            *THREE* copies of the job announcement. People! Learn some manners!
            Quote only those parts of the message that you need to establish
            context! Cut the rest!
          • Andy Dougherty
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22, 2000
              On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Jeff Boes wrote:

              > ...And thanks to careless quoting practices, we get not one but
              > *THREE* copies of the job announcement. People! Learn some manners!
              > Quote only those parts of the message that you need to establish
              > context! Cut the rest!

              Actually I found the posting of job opportunities to a perl-BEGINNERS
              mailing list to be a little humorous :-).

              --
              Andy Dougherty doughera@...
              Dept. of Physics