Re: A program that check my scripts

  • James E Keenan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      rebelx@... recently asked:

      where can I fins a program that will check my perl scripts in my
      computer and tell me (well ...show me) where I have done mistakes (in
      what line). I am using windows 98...

      1. Use the "use strict" pragma.

      2. As "Oliver Manickum" <oliver@...> suggested, use the -w flag in
      the shebang line. Alternatively, load the "use warnings" pragma.

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use strict;
      use warnings;

      3. Learn to use Perl's own debugger: perldoc perldebug

      4. Or get the ActiveState Development Kit and use their debugger for
      ActivePerl on Win32 systems.

      Jim Keenan
      Brooklyn, NY
    • erik.tank@bpxinternet.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2001
        You can get a cool Xwindows front end to the Perl debugger. You need TK and
        the Devel::ptkdb module from CPAN. After you have everything install simply
        type on the command "perl -d:ptkdb script_name".

        Erik Tank
        602-817-4705
        erik.tank@...