RE: [PBML] Need some help on Mail module

  • erik.tank@bpxinternet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      You can use a module that is not install on the server by doing the following:

      - get MIME::Base64 from CPAN
      - put it on your server into a directory where you can get at it
      - do everything to install that module with the exception of "make install" since you need to be root
      - remove all the unnecessary files (just to clean up) - it differs from module to module
      - in your program add:
      use lib "relative_path_to_the_directory_where_your_module_is";
      use MIME::Base64

      This will tell Perl to first look in the directory relative_path_to_the_directory_where_your_module_is.  If it does not find the module there then it will look in the standard places.

      Good luck!

      Erik Tank
      602-817-4705
      erik.tank@...