RE: [PBML] Easy way to learn Perl

  • erik.tank@bpxinternet.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
      This is not to knock books but for my style of learning I was able to pick
      up Perl from a very basic tutorial. The rest has come from (mainly) coding,
      looking at code, asking questions to co-workers and on lists like this.

      Don't get me wrong. I can go weeks without seeing the top of my desk due to
      the number of books, magazines, and other printed material I have on hand.
      However when it comes down to programming it seems that the book is always 1
      step shy of what I want to do ;-).

      First place I always go for a good tutorial is Google. Try:
      "what_ever_language tutorial" or "howto what_ever_language". I do have to
      say that the links posted so far are awesome!

      P.S. - If you are on a Linux system or a Unix system don't forget to look at
      the man pages. I know that I have always ignored them, but am learning to
      love them.

      Good luck,

      Erik Tank
      602-817-4705