how to hide

  • torihana@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 1:23 PM
      Hello--

      One of my perl program prompt user for user id and password. I want
      to hide or mask the password with other character as user is typing
      his/her password. Is there any way I can turn the display off when
      user is typing something on the screen?
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 2:48 PM
        Look up the crypt function. - Jason

        --- In perl-beginner@y..., torihana@y... wrote:
        > Hello--
        >
        > One of my perl program prompt user for user id and password. I
        want
        > to hide or mask the password with other character as user is typing
        > his/her password. Is there any way I can turn the display off when
        > user is typing something on the screen?
      • Damien Carbery
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 5:07 PM
          The answer to this is in Programming Perl somewhere, though I don't
          have that book handy.
          I thought it was some Term module (but I can't see anything helpful
          in my online docs).

          The reason I mention it is so that you don't have to resort to
          invoking external executables - that is inefficient.

          Anyone know the item/code I am talking about??