Which one is the fastest?

  • antonio.neves@ig.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      Hello everybody,

      I guess everybody knows that there is more than one way to program in perl
      trhat reaches the same results. So I was wandering, which one is the best
      and the fastest? I mean should I use "regex" mostly instead of "split()" to
      read data in a flatfile database that is delimited by some caracter (|)? I
      guess that there is an advantage in each one, but if "regex" is the best
      solution and fastest (as I've been told) then why use "split()"?

      I'll be glad to read your opinion.

      Thanks,
      Antonio
      aneves@...