methods

  • "Alberto.·.Vallini"
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2000
      Well, in the meanwhile I wait for the next fixed version ov the activePerl
      for win2000, one thing I have not clear (I know it is a one penny question,
      but this is why i joined a beginners' list):
      the method
      print
      is meant to always hold parehtesis like JavaScript methods.
      I see most of the time they don't use them on perl,
      print $myVar;

      Question is: could I get the habit to always use the brackets, it would fit
      my habits with javaScript you see:
      print($myVar);

      correct? Or I'm going to meet troubles if I get this habit?

      thank you very much

      "when everything else fails, sleep"
      Alberto.·.Vallini - vallini@...
    • Ankur Agarwal
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2000
        I am sorry, I forgot to mention, I am also using win 2000 pro. And I had no problem installing Active Perl.

        Yes, the Perl Builder is a shareware. It expires after 14 days.

        Ankur.