ctags program for perl

  • Greg Matheson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 1:26 AM
      Is there a program like ctags for perl, which allows you to jump
      from file to file following subroutine definitions.

      I was trying to get Darren Hiebert's ctags program going for
      Unix, but reading the manual more carefully, it seems it's only
      for C, Java, etc.

      The two links in the vim help pages are dead or inaccessible. They
      are/were:

      http://fohnix.metronet.com/perlinfo/scripts/text-processing/newptags.pl
      http://www.geek-girl.com/perl/coombs-scripts/ptags

      --
      Greg Matheson Rather than do things right,
      Chinmin College, Do the right thing.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 8:28 PM
        On Tue, 03 Jul 2001, I wrote:

        > Is there a program like ctags for perl, which allows you to jump
        > from file to file following subroutine definitions.

        I wrote too soon. Using groups.google.com to search
        comp.lang.perl.misc as recommended by Charles Clarkson, I see
        Darren Hiebert's ctags does support perl at
        http://ctags.sourceforge.net

        --
        Greg Matheson Rather than doing things right,
        Chinmin College, Doing the right thing.