Get funbction.

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2000
      Hello,

      I'm new to this group.

      Ive been trying to figure out about how to 'http' request a page in
      order to scan it etc..

      Ive heard of the 'GET' function, but in

      http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfunc/

      I cannot find the documentation / advise on how to use it.

      Ive tried get(http://www.test.htm);

      but that doesnt work.

      Basically :-
      :- I want to 'Get' a http / web page,
      :- Put the text / source-code into a variable (& another variable).
      :- then find a certain phrase / HTML command, and DELETE everything
      before that command.
      :- "" "" "" "" ... delete everything after that command.

      Any ideas ?
      Gordon.