RE: [PBML] sendmail on windose

  • Wells, Doug
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
      On Windows I use the free utility 'blat' to send email  (www.blat.com). It is easy to set up and works like a charm.

      HTH.
      Doug
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Adrian Fischer [mailto:adrian@...]
      Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 1:52 PM
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PBML] sendmail on windose

      Hi Gang,

      I have perl activestate installed on a windows box and an apache server. I
      also have mysql and php set up on the same box. It all works fine and my
      development turn around has improved heaps.

         Is there any way I can set up sendmail so I can simulate the sending of
      emails from my scripts.  Parts of the scripts send emails to confirm that
      things have been successful and I cant know that the script is working if I
      cant send emails to myself.  So it is almost crucial that I be able to do
      that.

      Please be gentle with me and take me by the hand to guide me as this is
      unfamiliar ground for me.

      TIA

      Adrian Fischer

    • Franki
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
        you might look into the sender.pm module as well,

        it uses socket and I got it working when I was a complete newbie just by reading everything I found when I did a search for sender.pm in a search engine..

        I added it to a shopping cart i had, and it has been used on a couple of NT and linux ISP servers now with no problems..

        regards

        Frank