Re: [PBML] Thankyou everyone...

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      Franki <frankieh@...>

      : Hi all,,
      :
      : Just wanted to say thankyou to all of you for helping
      : out,, I have learned heaps from this list over the
      : last year...
      :
      : regex and learning the availability and use of various
      : modules are the two biggies I have still to learn
      : properly... (how do you guys know what modules to use
      : for what? I always get quick answers from this list
      : with regard to modules,, so I am wondering where you
      : get your info,, It can't be CPAN as the layout of that
      : site is not conducive to quick searches...

      I use http://search.cpan.org/ but you need to
      look under the headings too. The search engine has
      some bugs in it.

      Another great source is the comp.lang.perl.misc
      USENET group. I search their archives first at
      http://groups.google.com/. Don't ask questions there.
      They are really unforgiving of newbies.

      I also spend some time at perlmonks
      (http://www.perlmonks.org/). They have an experience
      points system which has me hooked and encourages
      participation and community. Try SuperSearch to search
      there.

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson
      Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.

      What if there were no hypothetical questions?