Re: [PBML] Parallel port

  • steve@blacktrionix.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Surely our assembler program will compile under linux?

      Steve
      Webmaster/Programmer

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        <steve@...>
        :
        : Surely our assembler program will compile under linux?
        :
        :
        : Steve
        : Webmaster/Programmer
        :
        :
        : > I want to control parallel port, sending each data to
        : > datapin ( pin2-9 ) and reading from signal pin, i
        : > guess that's a 'raw' control, so how exactly do i
        : > do that with perl from linux ? I'm just recently
        : > learn perl, so could you give me an example.
        : > I can do that from windows/dos using assembler,
        : > but i really need to do that using perl, or is there
        : > a way to use assembler or c from perl ?

        I think someone asked about serial ports a few months
        back and found a module on CPAN that did the trick. Have
        you tried: http://search.cpan.org/.

        HTH,
        Charles K. Clarkson
        Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
      • ykep@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
          --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Charles K. Clarkson" <c_clarkson@h...>
          wrote:
          > <steve@b...>
          > :
          > : Surely our assembler program will compile under linux?
          > :
          > :
          > : Steve
          > : Webmaster/Programmer
          > :
          > :

          I've read about controlling serial port using perl, but i really have
          to use parallel port, so unless that module can be used in parallel
          port, i will need to ask for more help.